Summary of Role
The Service Support Manager will have an important role in the development of the Odyssey VC’s service and operational capability and will be required to exercise initiative, drive and enthusiasm in achieving the business goals.
Maintains the Company’s effectiveness and efficiency by:
- Defining the end to end delivery and support model and liaising with all parties to ensure KPIs and SLAs are met in operations.
- Continually advocating for the customer and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Providing feedback and customer insight back to the business to ensure continuous improvement.
Main Responsibilities & Duties
- To take end to end accountability for all services delivered by Service Support at agreed service levels to our customers through all internal and external partners within the end-to-end support chain at the lowest possible cost.
- To contribute towards the definition of customer SLAs and operational KPIs.
- To ensure that SLAs are adhered to and that effective processes and systems are introduced to monitor the achievement of SLAs.
- To respond rapidly to critical situations ensuring timely escalation to the management team.
- To ensure the operational support model is in place including provisions for responding to customer queries (webchat, phone, email and service tickets), leveraging ITIL processes and monitoring systems and environments.
- To implement ITIL processes for incident management, problem management, service request management, operational change management, order fulfilment, and continuous service improvement.
- To protect the quality of critical services by identifying operational risks and implementing mitigating actions.
- To ensure that new service commitments do not compromise existing contractual obligations.
- To ensure that technology changes are assessed, contracted, tracked and implemented in a manner that maintains operational integrity.
- To identify service needs and opportunities, support the process to develop and sell proposals to customers, and facilitate and monitor the delivery of projects and introduction of new or changed services.
- Control and steer the performance of internal and external partners within the operating model, using benchmarking and KPIs.
- To contribute to, and sometimes lead, the IT roadmap projects where required.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal and compliance certifications & standards.
- >5 year of experience in the operation of complex services organisations.
- Experience in the definition and design of complex service operations solutions.
- Proven experience in customer relationship management.
- Budget and Cost Management.
- Drive for effectiveness and efficiency improvements.
- Proven ability to build high performing teams.
- Knowledge of helpdesk management tools, online customer portals, online payment tools and document management systems is an advantage.
- Broad technical knowledge.
- Solution driven with ability to execute quickly.
- Strong customer focus ethos and a service mindset.
- ITIL experience/certification desirable.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or a related field (or 5 years’ relevant experience).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the Life Sciences sector desirable but not essential.
Relationship with Others:
Reports directly to IT Manager
Scope of Position:
This profile is a guideline for the role and may develop or change in accordance with the individual, their manager or business demands.